- 6 tbsp butter (melted - use half coconut oil if you prefer)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup honey (melt with butter/oil)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 - 3 ½ cups frozen (or fresh) haskap berries
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (175˚C). Line 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Place flour, oats, cinnamon & salt in bowl. Stir in melted butter/oil, vanilla and honey just until combined - should be crumbly.
- Reserve 1 cup of oat mix and press the rest into the parchment lined baking pan.
- Toss berries with lemon juice, zest and flour.
- Pour oat base in pan. Layer filling on top of oat base. Top with remaining crumble.
- Bake 45 minutes. Let cool completely. Cut into squares. Enjoy!