Haskap Cream Cheese Crumb Cake
Dollops of delicate cream cheese contrast delightfully with the tangy haskap berry filling!
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 1 250ml jar Haskap Highland Orchards Haskap Berry Preserve
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp corn starch
Cream Cheese layer:
- 4 oz cream cheese, diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk brown sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon together; gradually stir in oil until mixture is crumbly. Press half of this crumb mixture into the prepared pan; set aside remaining crumbs for topping.
- Bake in a preheated oven until firm, about 10 minutes. Remove crumb crust from oven and cool slightly, leaving oven on.
- Warm Haskap Berry Preserve in a small saucepan. In a small dish, dissolve corn starch in lime juice; add mixture to Haskap Berry Preserve. Bring to a boil, stir gently and remove from heat. Let thickened Preserve cool for a few minutes, then pour berry filling over crumb crust.
- Sprinkle diced cream cheese pieces evenly over Haskap Preserve layer. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over cream cheese layer and press gently, if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crumb topping is golden and filling is bubbly, about 30 minutes. When cool, cut in squares and enjoy!