Haskap Coffee Cake
Enjoy this yummy haskap coffee cake during a mid-morning break!
- 100 g package Haskap Highland Orchards™ Haskap Dried Berries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter (unsalted) at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- Rehydrate the Dried Haskap Berries by soaking in warm water for approximately 20 minutes. When they have regained in size, pour off water and place berries in a food processor. Pulse until haskap berries are minced but not pureed.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly butter or oil a 9” springform or bundt pan.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla. Add eggs, beating until just incorporated.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients, beating until just combined. Stir in yogurt.
- Spoon ½ of the batter in the prepared baking pan. Spread minced Haskap berries evenly over the batter. Cover Haskap berries with remaining batter.
- Bake cake until golden and a tester comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
Dust cake with powdered sugar; or, if you wish to make a simple glaze – mix on slow speed till blended: powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk. Drizzle over cake when cool. Cut & Serve. If there are any leftovers, store in a covered container.